Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 319 - New inspiration

Think I've found a new, positive influence to keep me focused. I'm not going to let him in too much - I'm not wanting people close to me right now, but I can take some of his positive mindset and thoughts from a distance and allow them to help reshape me and my thinking. That and I don't want to scare him off or get too attached if it's not good for him.

Kicking my workouts up again and even fasting one day a week. Time to introvert for a while - I suppose that is making my few attempts at being social even more difficult, but I want to be more selective. I know which situations make me feel more out of place than usual, and it's time to stop kidding myself into thinking those events will be just fine and I'll enjoy myself.

2 comments:

  1. I think that in order to survive an apocalypse, you'll need to push yourself outside of your comfort box. Not saying all the time, but once in awhile. I am still awkward in a crowd, I find myself smiling and nodding my head a lot. That hasn't gotten any easier, but I push myself to strive to better myself. I will never be the wittiest person in the room, but I can sure the hell smile with the best of them.

    Knowing your strengths, and your weaknesses help. Sometimes, just sometimes, we magnify our weaknesses within ourselves until we let them take us over. You may never be the 'Belle of the Ball", but you can hold your own. I've seen you do it, you may not be comfortable with it, and it may not be your favorite thing to do, but you can do it.

    des

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a whole other level....see next post, Day 320.

    Your right, need to go outside my box, but I'll push my comfort level by sky diving, not working a room. I know that sounds blunt, not intending it to be curt towards you, I'm just done with that, period.

    ReplyDelete