Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Passions

For as long as I can remember, I've never been all consumingly passionate about, well, anything. I've seen people be uber passionate about something, I admire and envy them because I wonder if I just lack that kind of intense emotional outlet. Ironically, when I recently went back to Detroit for a visit, my best friend kept commenting how passionate a person I am, how I go all in with love, intimacy, chasing my career. Odd sometimes, how we fail to see things in ourselves that others value (more on that in a later entry).

Another good friend of mine and I were talking a couple weeks ago, she said anything I keep returning to after any sort of absence, could be a passion that I haven't really embraced. Maybe I bore myself with the idea after a while, maybe work interrupts the energy I would otherwise direct to that thing..I've no idea where to go about finding a new passion, but I guess that is difficult to accomplish when you don't allow yourself the opportunity to experience anything new.

That's why I came back here - writing is something I really enjoy and always want to do more of even if I go on hiatus often. I am taking my life in more of a spiritual direction (note, not religious, but spiritual), maybe writing the journey down could help inspire others. I can still follow the thread of sorts, awakening from zombie state of day to day, to something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment